Our mentorship and skills development programme is seeks to expose university students and young graduates to practical and innovative employability skills and opportunities that come with climate change and sustainable development.
The programme provides young people with the opportunity to develop the core competencies and skills required for transition from campus to the real world of work and self-employment. We aim to: with particular focus on the following competencies:
- Match classroom and practical training through apprenticeships, internships, job placements, projects on the job etc.
- Promote special measures that can speed self/employment-centered green transformations
- Complement trainings currently available so that they meet the skills needs required by employers.
- Match sustainable development jobs and skills by helping jobseekers meet the requirements of the numerous jobs which are currently on offer but cannot be taken up due to lack of skills.
- Capacity building for employers in the informal economy and micro and small enterprises to;
- Compliment entrepreneurship trainings and business coaching for young people to start up green businesses in conjunction with government support.
- Create awareness among decision-makers, business leaders and administrators as well as institutions of formal and non-formal training systems to enter green markets in localities where they are most needed to support young people
- Build capacity of young people to strengthen their social dialogue mechanisms and to apply these to dialogue about accessibility of green jobs.
- Contribute to formal education and training systems and institutions in provision of basic skills for all and to raise the skills base of the national workforce; this includes improving apprenticeship systems and building synergies with NGOs and private sector employers
We specifically introduce young people/youths to:
- Thinking Beyond your Degree- Green Skills for Self-Employment
- Company/Project Administration and Leadership
- Writing Project Proposals and Concepts
- Action Planning
- Stakeholder Analysis and Management
- Project Assessments, and Capacity Building
- Project Budgeting, Contracting and Recruitment
- Performance And Learning Culture
- Conflict Resolution in Projects and Teams
- Funding and Fundraising
- Projects Audits, Monitoring And Evaluation Of Green Projects
- Monitoring Plans And Techniques
- Partners, Stakeholders And Partnerships Management
- Report Writing
- Work Planning in Projects
- Risk Management in Projects and Project Supervision
- Data Management
- Project Reporting and Feedback
- Research Governance- Methods (Theoretical and Practical), Behaviors and Ethics
- Self-Awareness Organization And Time Management;
- Engagement: Communicating With Others; Contributing in Conferences; Seminars And Meetings, Preparing For And Making Presentations.
Participants in this programme have the opportunity to intern/be employed at ECAS or any of our partner organizations. Certificates are issued to on successful completion of the programme.
Eligible applicants should:
- Be between 21- 25 years old;
- Be a university/college student in third or fourth year of study or have a maximum of two years out of Campus since graduation
- Demonstrate creativity, innovativeness and willingness to learn
- Have a spirit of volunteerism and be ready to be mentored
How to Apply
All applications must be received not later than one week before the training date. Short-listed candidates are contacted by email and mobile text messages therefore, applicants are advised to check their emails regularly. When called upon, you are required to come along with copies of your student ID (for students) and national ID card.